Tuesday, August 5, 2008

We attended class for the first time and discussed about difference of Japan and America. It was so difficult for me because I spent in America naturally, I didn’t have question not so many. After the class we met students of Maryland studies Japanese. They study very hard. I talked two of them. They know Japanese very well.

Next we went to Kennedy center and listened jazz music, it was really impressed for me .I love these songs! Furthermore I took picture with the singer, how nice! She lived in Japan three years and missed Japan’s onigiri. This was happy memory. I want to go and listen the music again.

At dinner everyone went to Sushi but I don’t like Sashimi so went to hamburger shop with Nikki and Emily. This shop is American old fashion style so it was interesting. The Sushi restaurant seemed like a bar. All of them enjoyed dinner time.

5 comments:

Nikki said...

I enjoyed going to dinner with you yesterday. Did you like the grilled cheese that you had?

Nikki said...

I forgot to say that I hope you like your new nickname, Sleep Sanae! = )

Nina Liakos said...

"Sleep Sanae"??? Now what is the explanation for that???

What is onigiri? I think I have heard the word but I can't remember what it means.

I was surprised to read that you don't like sashimi. I think you can get sushi without sashimi, can't you? I agree; I am afraid that uncooked fish might make me sick, even though it might taste good. (btw, I don't eat hamburgers and I hate Coke; so much for stereotypes!)

Nina Liakos said...

PS Sanae, don't forget to enable comment moderation on this blog (from Module 2).

Hiromi said...

Hello, Sanae! ^^
It seems that you've learned a lot by attending the class, which is great. :)

Also, going out for the jazz concert sounds really nice! I'm sure you had a lot of fun being there. ^^