Thursday, August 7, 2008

Newseum&Chinese&Billiards

A few days ago, I went to some shoes shop to buy sandals. This shop assistant said to me,’’ How are you?’’ and I said’’ I’m fine, thank you,. And you?’’ He told he was fine too. Surprisingly he said ‘’ Are you Chinese?’’ I said ‘’No! I’m Japanese!’’ It was amazing for me because… I’m Japanese! Then he said’’ Oh, you are Japanese. We depend on Japan! High technology! Toyota, Honda….’’ He seemed excited. This story is really interesting, isn’t it? But today I saw Mike’s new posting blog and found my picture, actually I saw myself like …Chinese!

Yesterday we went to The Newseum it was really interesting. There are a lot of old and latest newspaper, phone and so on. We saw a short movie about 9.11 terrorism accidents.
I was sad. After that I went to souvenirs shop and bought fun cards.

At night some of us played billiards. It was for the first game for me and I really enjoyed playing! Kyoko and Masanori taught us how to playing, they are good at playing. I want to play again after come back to Japan. We played until over twelve o’clock so I have to say Mike sorry but thank you very much!

4 comments:

Nikki said...

oh Sleepy,
you make me laugh!

Nina Liakos said...

Dear Sanae, you look Japanese to me! Seeing the movie about the attacks on Sept. 11, 2001 must have been very sad. I remember that terrible day as if it were yesterday. The world seemed to change on that day. Americans have not felt safe since then.

Billiards until midnight?? No wonder you are tired in the morning!

On Monday, ask me to help you add links to your sidebar.

Nina

Hiromi said...

What's up, Sanae?
I somehow understand how you felt when you were asked if you were Chinese, because it's sometimes difficult for some people to distinguish between the Japanese and the Chinese. (It's hard for me to believe it, though.)

Also, playing billiards sounds exciting! ^^ I also played it when I visited there two years ago, and all I remmeber is that I wasn't very good at it! Hehehe... (^^ゞ

Ai said...

Hi, Sanae!

You seem to enjoy writing your blog! It is really fun for me to read your blog^^

Japanese, Chainese, and Korian look like, so it's difficult for them to tell us and other Asian^^

Ai